We are working to empower companies in our network to engage with your members of Congress to advocate for a climate-smart COVID recovery. Through this network, we'll be working to activate companies to independently and collectively advocate by:
- Training interested companies on best practices in climate policy advocacy, so you feel ready to go out and engage with lawmakers;
- Providing companies with resources, tools, and an activated network to streamline their advocacy and make it easier and more accessible
- Connecting companies to advocacy opportunities at the state and federal level through a broad network of partners
We encourage you to contact us to get involved or share updates by emailing [email protected].
Training, Launch & Briefing: Businesses for a Climate-Smart Recovery
This August we shared resources and tools for companies interested in engaging their lawmakers during the August recess and beyond.
In this recording you'll hear:
- Tom Steyer speaking on why policy engagement matters so much right now
- Advocacy 101 best practices from ASBC and BCL
- A policy briefing from Ceres
- Best practices and messaging on how to have inclusive, solutions-driven conversations with your congressmen and women from Nancy Hirshberg
- How Danone NA and Numi approach policy advocacy
You can watch the recording and download the slides here.
Preparing for meetings:
- Advocacy Best Practice: Here is the CCL/ASBC Advocacy Guide
- Crafting your story:
- Article on why we need a bipartisan approach: What stands in the way of all those climate plans? The election -- and the filibuster
Setting up meetings with lawmakers:
- Contact directories:
- Here is a link to how you can find your Senator
- Here is a link to how you can find your Representative
- Leave-behind documents:
- If you want to collaborate with others in meeting:
- Here is a one-pager on ASBC and BCL opportunities
- Contact us to be put in touch with peer companies in your district! Email [email protected]
- Contact directories:
- Further reading:
|Community & Promotional Partners|
On April 24th we hosted a first-of-its-kind meeting for CC committed companies to learn about a call for action from our partner Ceres. We heard from Anne Kelly at Ceres and Nancy Hirshberg about the opportunity for companies to participate in LEAD Days May 12th and 13th. We also heard from Bill McKibben who shared a special message on the crucial role businesses can play in advocating for climate forward policy. Watch the recording and download the slides here.
We're excited to share a recording of our special September session featuring KNP Communications for an expert presentation and interactive session to hone your climate communication and advocacy skills. This session covers best practices in telling your climate story.
Thank you to Matt Kohut of KNP Communications for leading the session! Watch the recording and download the slides here.
Hear Dr. Leah Stokes share her policy landscaping of what's ahead for 2021 and beyond! Dr. Stokes is an Assistant Professor at UC Santa Barbara. Listen here!
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter