Tapping Your Climate Superpower: Join Your Fellow Businesses in the #Call4ClimateNOW Campaign
With the recent release of the powerful IPCC report, there is no longer any doubt of human caused climate change. Inside Climate News writes of the report’s conclusions that “This summer’s extremes are only a mild preview of the decades ahead” and that “no part of the planet will be spared”. But perhaps the report’s most powerful finding is that we still have a small window of opportunity to act to stop things from getting even worse. As Laurence Tubiana, one of the architects of the Paris Agreement said this week in response to the UN IPCC Report, “Scientists did their job, it is time for leaders to do theirs.”
The next six weeks offer the most important opportunity in a generation to pass important climate legislation to put our nation on a path to avoid the worst impacts of climate change.
If you have ever considered using your powerful voice as a business, now is the moment.
Join #Call4ClimateNOW: Businesses Raising Our Voices Together
Businesses from across the U.S. are joining #Call4ClimateNOW to encourage the American public to call our nation's lawmakers NOW and urge them to address the threat of our changing climate.
The campaign was created by the Climate Collaborative with Fossil Free Media but has grown to include partners B Lab, 1% for the Planet, Snowsports Industries America (SIA), and the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC), representing businesses from many sectors, sizes, and geographies from across the nation.
This fall businesses will reach out to their stakeholders, such as their consumers and employees, to encourage them to call their Senators and Representatives to ask them to support bold climate action and to invest at the scale of the crisis NOW.
How It Works:
- Businesses will register on the Climate Collaborative (CC) site to be part of the #Call4ClimateNow campaign. REGISTER FOR THE CAMPAIGN HERE. There is no cost for companies to participate!
- The Collaborative provides digital assets and messaging guidance to support participating businesses outreach to their stakeholders. The toolkit includes talking points, graphics, and sample social media posts.
- Beginning September 8th, participating businesses will use those assets and/or create their own, to reach out through their channels (newsletters, FB, twitter, Instagram, etc) to urge people to join them by calling their Senators and Representatives to ask them to support bold climate action at the scale of the crisis. The businesses will direct people to take action at Call4ClimateNow.com.
- The public will visit Call4ClimateNow.com to get the phone number, sample talking points, and encouragement for participating in this simple and fun way to be part of the solution.
- We will flood Capitol Hill with calls urging our lawmakers to take bold climate action this fall and put our nation on a path to solving the climate crisis.
Sign up here to join Aveda, Clif Bar, Stonyfield, Dr. Bronner’s, Happy Family, Legacy Vacation Resorts, Nature’s Path, and many more who have already signed on to the campaign. We can’t wait to add your logo to the www.Call4ClimateNow.com website!
- Register for the campaign HERE
- Campaign Toolkit: Available to companies that have registered for the campaign. Email us at [email protected] to receive it!
- August 17, 2021 Update
- August 24, 2021 Update
- September 2, 2021 Update
- September 15, 2021 Update
- September 27, 2021 Update
- October 13, 2021 Update
- December 22, 2001 Update
- Gain an in depth understanding of the campaign by watching the August 11th webinar campaign briefing with author and activist Bill McKibben, Anne Kelly from Ceres, and Sarah Silverman from Numi Organic Tea.
- Watch a recording of our toolkit briefing here!
- Interested in making your own simple video? Download a guide and sample script here.
Thank you to our donors! Did we mention that there is no fee for participating in the campaign? Our work on the campaign is made possible by generous contributions from Giannuzzi Lewendon, Whipstitch Capital, Gary & Meg Hirshberg, Loft Growth Partners, Natural Products Consulting, Stephen McDonnell & Jill Kearney, aiim, All Natural Strategies, and Jessica & Decker Rolph as well as other investors and businesses.
Contact us at [email protected]