We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during these uncertain times. While we weren't able to gather in person at Climate Day, we have found ways to share some of our programming virtually, like our CEO dialogue and National Co+op Grocers Climate Collaborative awards ceremony. A key component of Climate Day is our Resource Fair. During the day, we make space to highlight partners and solutions providers that can help companies go deeper in their climate goal-setting and actions.
Climate Collaborative Project Partners:
- OSC2: Last month OSC2 launched the J.E.D.I Collaborative. You can learn more about how to get involved here!
- Sustainable Food Trade Association: SFTA is offering up to 3 climate-committed candidates the opportunity to experience the SFTA Climate Action Management Primer (CAMP) to fast-track effective climate action. Learn more and apply here.
- California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF):
- Kiss the Ground
- The Organic Center: The Organic Center recently published a free report and scientific paper about practices within organic that have the biggest impact on soil health.
Organic Farming Research Foundation: OFRF's digital climate toolkit is designed to inspire, educate, and inform a broad audience on how best organic practices help mitigate climate change and build resilience—leading to healthy people, ecosystems, and economies. Our goal is to encourage more consumers to purchase organic food and increase demand so that together we can expand organic acres to:
- Capture and store more carbon in the soil for longer.
- Release fewer greenhouse gases.
- Help farmers and ranchers increase resilience to rising temperatures and intensified droughts and rain events that make it more challenging to grow crops and raise livestock.
- Regenerative Organic Certification: The Regenerative Organic Alliance exists to promote regenerative organic farming as the highest standard for agriculture around the world. We emphasize farming practices that restore and build soil, ensure animal welfare, and end unfair conditions for farmers and farmworkers. We aim to heal a broken system, repair a damaged planet, and empower farmers and eaters to create a better future through better farming. We will be open for general applications for Regenerative Organic Certified later this summer! Stay in the loop by signing up for our mailing list here!
Forests & Insetting:
- Pur Projet: PUR Projet is a B-Corp, established in 2008, that focuses on supporting companies and organizations to develop bespoke positive impact projects in their agricultural source communities, in over 40 countries, that seek to promote livelihoods through ecosystem restoration and conservation. We support many Climate Collaborative members in reaching their agriculture and forest commitments through the development of agroforestry, reforestation, and regenerative agriculture projects within their supply chains. PUR Projet offers a range of services including sustainability and supply chain consulting, agroforestry, reforestation and regenerative agriculture project design and implementation, and the sale of verified carbon credits. Learn more here!
- HowGood Innovation Online Series: HowGood is pleased to present a free, community-oriented series on driving innovation in the era of COVID-19, featuring a set of "Conversations with Thought Leaders" related to regenerative agriculture, biodiversity, and planetary health. All are welcome to join us to hear new ideas and share insights. More details can be found at howgood.com/online.
- Flexport: In addition to COVID-19 humanitarian response efforts, Flexport.org continues to help companies reach their sustainability goals by making it easy to offset greenhouse gas emissions from international logistics. Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1% for the Planet: 1% for the Planet is a global organization that connects businesses and individuals with environmental nonprofits like Climate Collaborative to ensure that our planet and future generations thrive.
- B Lab
- Fair Trade USA: Fair Trade USA’s Fair Trade Certified™ seal represents thousands of products, improving lives for millions of farmers, workers, and fishers, and protecting land and waterways in 45 countries around the world. Reach out to our partnership development team today for a customized assessment of how Fair Trade USA can support UN SDGs in your own supply chain: email@example.com
- Guru: Fast-track from frantic and shocked to solid and grounded as you quickly transition to remote work with easy tips for the immediate and long term. Download the Ebook Remote Work Thrival Guide here.
- New Hope Network
- NSF International: NSF International is here to help during the COVID-19 pandemic; as an independent not-for-profit public health and safety organization, we have sustainability experts on-hand to help your organization prepare for future resilience and recover from the present situation. Learn more on our website.
- Pure Strategies: During the pandemic, our team continues the important work of helping leading brands set science-based GHG targets. A brief overview of some of our work can be found here.
- SCS Global Services: SCS is proud to have reached the milestone of over 250 million tonnes of carbon offsets verified, from programs and projects in the areas of forestry, landfills, agriculture and livestock, energy efficiency, grasslands, transportation, and industrial processes. Visit here to learn more.