This page highlights case studies, videos, tools, and other resources from our partners to help organizations reduce food waste in their supply chain. Preventing food loss at the source reduces costs by saving ingredients, packaging, labor and waste removal. It also prevents the waste of the water, energy and other resources that went into producing the food.
For those needing more tailored support, Sustainable Food Trade Association is available to help!
Initiatives, roadmaps and toolkits for tackling food waste:
- ReFed – Business collaboration and roadmap for reducing food waste
- Harvard Food Law & Policy Clinic Food Waste Toolkit - Keeping Food Out of the Landfill
- FAO: Food Wastage Footprint & Climate Change
Tools and standards for auditing and measuring food waste:
Information about food waste initiatives and policy efforts:
- The Food Waste Reduction Alliance – Industry surveys and reports
- Consumer Goods Forum - Food Waste Resolution
- NRDC - Further with Food – Center for Food Loss and Waste Solutions