The Climate Collaborative is a nonprofit working largely within the natural products industry to catalyze bold action, amplify the voice of business, and promote sound policy to reverse climate change. Our network of more than 700 companies works across nine key action areas to advance deep collaboration and action on climate change. We partner with national and international business organizations that work on climate, and our tools and resources are used by the International Chamber of Commerce and others working with small and medium sized businesses.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, positive leader to run the organization, who has a strong background in corporate climate issues and initiatives. The Executive Director will work remotely so can live anywhere, ideally in the U.S. or Canada, and will be responsible for oversight, management, and execution of the Collaborative, including programming, communications, outreach and fundraising. The successful candidate must be able to work alongside a small team that serves a large network of companies and partners.
The ideal candidate is deeply knowledgeable and committed to climate issues as they relate to the business community, has proven fundraising skills, and demonstrated success leading fast-moving campaigns and engagement initiatives. The Executive Director must excel in project and relationship management.
The Climate Collaborative Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the organization, including but not limited to programming, finances, board relations, communications, human resources, and organizational development.
Key accountabilities include:
- Develop and oversee Climate Collaborative programming to accelerate uptake of collaborative climate action across food and agricultural supply chains in the nine key strategic action areas
- Plan and execute events, working groups, and key stakeholders/influencers to support engagements and implementation of outreach and programming that includes facilitation and evaluation
- Manage and grow relationships at the C-suite and sustainability manager level with hundreds of natural products companies of all sizes and at every stage of their sustainability journey
- Build relationships with funders, grantors and companies
- Manage the CC budget and lead fundraising initiatives
- Manage partnerships with organizations in the climate and natural products space and represent the organization publicly
- Facilitate the strategic planning process and development of programs, outreach, organizational and financial plans with the Board, and carrying out plans and policies authorized by the Board of Directors
- Lead a resource efficient staff team
Candidate Experience and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge and understanding of climate issues, and ideally strong connections across the climate and business landscape
- Director-level experience within an NGO or sustainability role in business
- Experience working on fast-moving campaigns or engagement initiatives
- Demonstrated success in execution of high-quality business stakeholder engagement
- Proven success fundraising
- Demonstrated track record balancing high-level strategic work and hands-on project work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way across multiple audiences
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors
- Minimum 5 years experience in corporate sustainability or climate engagement
- Food and agriculture specific expertise is a plus, as is experience working with small- and medium-sized businesses
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Highly collaborative, and motivated by social justice, diversity, inclusion and change for good.
- Strong relational and strategic thinking skills paired with tactical abilities to execute on vision and mission.
- Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Self-disciplined, focused, and decisive
- Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Outstanding detail orientation and follow through
- Maintains a working knowledge of climate and business sustainability issues and is passionate about addressing climate change
The Climate Collaborative is committed to building a diverse, inclusive work environment across our programs and staff, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and any other materials to [email protected] with the subject line “CC Executive Director – First Name Last Name”. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Looking to fill the position immediately. The search will close when the successful candidate is recruited to fill this position.
Location: Flexible. Work remote. U.S. and Canada preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter