In 2018 we unveiled our Retailer Climate Action Progress (ReCAP) Community to support retailers who want to deepen and expand their climate action efforts. Through virtual monthly gatherings, we help natural products retailers explore their unique climate challenges and opportunities and create new pathways to meaningful action.
In this ongoing series of facilitated virtual meetings, we share key opportunities for retailers to reduce in-store emissions and to work with their vendors and customers to mitigate climate impacts across their value chains. Technical experts, solutions providers, NGO partners, and retailers share information, tools, and stories of best practices to help companies move their climate efforts forward. Participants are invited to share their challenges and successes and learn from other retailers about how they are working toward climate leadership.
In the sessions, you can expect to learn more about:
- The key emissions drivers for retailers and best practices in how to address them, from refrigerants to power usage, packaging, food waste and more;
- How retailers can engage their vendors to maximize their emissions reduction efforts;
- Developing a clear climate action plan and designing ongoing management mechanisms for implementing climate goals; and
- How to engage consumers on climate issues.
Interested in joining? Email [email protected] to be added to our invitation list.
- Case Study Series: Plugging in to Renewables
- Engaging In Climate Policy Through Collaborative Organizing
KeHE Sponsored Food Waste Resources:
These recordings are available for ReCAP members. If you'd like to gain access email [email protected]
- How to Continue Your Climate Work in Challenging Times
- Packaging Paradox: How Retailers Can Tackle Packaging Reductions
- Forging Community Partnerships to Deepen Your Climate Impact
- Waste Less, Save More! How as Retailers, You Can Take Steps to Save Food and Money
- ReCAP Workshop: Unlocking the Value of Energy Efficiency
- ReCAP: Best Practices in Vendor Engagement
- Tackling Refrigerants: The Key to Retailer Emissions
- No Spoilers Please! Removing Food Waste From the Retailer Supply Chain
- Retailer Climate Action Progress (ReCAP) Community Launch
- Waste Not, Want Not: Reducing Food Waste in the Supply Chain
- Climate 101 - The Building Blocks of Climate Action for Your Company
- All Aboard! How to get your Vendors on the Climate Train
- A Tale of Three Retailers