Wednesday, July 21
1 - 2 PM ET // 12 - 1 PM CT // 11 AM - 12 PM MT // 10 - 11 AM PT
The need for bold climate ambition and action has never been greater. Join representatives from UNFI, Numi Tea, Ceres, and the SME Climate Hub as we dive deep into net zero commitments and how your business can benefit from making a bold commitment to climate action. What does net zero mean? Is it the same as carbon neutral? Are net zero pledges meaningful or are they simply a new way to greenwash? How can committing to ambitious climate action help build resilient businesses for the future?
In this session, co-founder of GreenBiz Joel Makower will lead a conversation with an expert panel exploring the net zero landscape, how to make credible commitments, and the benefits net zero commitments pose to your company.
Participants will gain an understanding of:
- The difference between various net zero commitments including The Climate Pledge, B Corp Climate Collective, and the SME Climate Hub
- Tools, resources, and incentives for companies who want to make a net zero commitment and take action
- How to get started and what a path to net zero might look like for your company
- Host: Joel Makower, Chairman & Co-Founder, GreenBiz Group
- Dean Cambridge, Director of Corporate Net Zero, We Mean Business Coalition, a founding partner of the SME Climate Hub
- Laura Draucker, Senior Manager, Corporate Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Ceres
- Jane Franch, Vice President, Strategic Sourcing & Sustainability, Numi Tea
- Nate Lapides, Climate Program Manager, UNFI