The Transportation Resources page highlights case studies, videos, tools, and other resources from our partners. Adopting efficiencies in shipping cargo, logistics optimization, and intermodal transport can significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the global movement of goods while also providing significant savings. Switching to alternative fuels and transitioning fleets from traditional gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles to hybrid and electric vehicles can reduce or eliminate greenhouse gas emissions from ground fleets.
For those needing more tailored support, Sustainable Food Trade Association is available to help!
Initiatives and strategies
- Overview of green freight – Why Green Freight?
- Green freight action plan initiative - Global Green Freight Action Plan
- Establishing metrics, targets, strategies, tips - EDF Green Freight Handbook
- B2B leadership initiative for shipping cargo – BSR/Clean Cargo Working Group
- Overview of International Transport Forum - The Carbon Footprint of Global Trade
Tools to measure and benchmark carbon in freight for different modes
- Assessment tools and benchmarking by freight mode - EPA Smart Way
- Report on EPA SmartWay partner progress – SmartWay 2020 Vision Report
- Trucking efficiency technologies, guidelines, training - NACFE
- Report on adoption of NACFE 70 technologies – 2016 Annual Fleet Fuel Study
- Shipping efficiency, GHG ship rating - Carbon War Room/RightShip
- Accreditation/training for fleets – NAFA/CALSTART Sustainable Fleet Accreditation