This page highlights case studies, videos, tools, and other resources from our partners for organizations interested in diving into the climate impact of their packaging. There are many ways to reduce the climate impact of packaging as well as multiple environmental considerations including packaging end-of-life and circular systems, toxicity, litter, water pollution, marine eco toxicity and more. Using a tool (see the assessment tools below) to measure the GHG impacts of your packaging can also help you design the negative climate impacts out of your packaging supply chain. The ideal is to achieve climate reductions while simultaneously addressing other key factors that your company may value.
For those needing more tailored support, Sustainable Food Trade Association is available to help!
Partners and Solutions Providers:
Packaging Assessment Tools:
- Spotlight: Annie’s
- Spotlight: Happy Family
- Spotlight: Nature’s Path
- Spotlight: Plum Organics
- Spotlight: REBBL
- Spotlight: Stonyfield
- Right Side Up: The Lowdown on Packaging Lifecycle Climate Impacts and Opportunities
- A Tale of Three Retailers
- Optimizing Packaging Climate Impacts Through Life Cycle Assessment
- A Delicate Balance: The Science, Art, and Business of Sustainable Plastic Packaging Design
- Yin and Yang: Understanding and Conveying Advantages of your Sustainable Product Packaging
Coming soon, companies sharing their stories! Got a best practice to share? Contact us.