The Climate Collaborative is seeking one or more part-time programming contractors to support the project. This is a dynamic opportunity to work as part of a fast-paced, growing project focused on catalyzing climate action in the natural products industry. Contractors will provide expertise and support on the project’s programmatic workstreams. Expertise and support are sought in one or more of the areas of climate policy, food waste, sustainable agriculture, and packaging.
The position reports to the Collaborative’s Director. This is a remote working opportunity, requiring an independent self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work autonomously. This will be an hourly, part-time role with project-based compensation.
- Managing time-bound projects related to climate policy and/or agriculture and food-related climate issues
- Drafting in-depth case studies, toolkits and other resources for companies to use in deepening their climate strategies, on the subject of climate policy, food waste, agriculture, and/or other topics at the nexus of climate and the food sector
- Researching and working with partners and experts to bring together knowledge-sharing networks on climate
- Hosting webinars and moderating complex conversations among companies and subject matter experts with deftness and clarity
- General operational and administrative support
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years’ relevant work experience preferred
- Ability to independently manage projects and time efficiently
- Strong relationship management and presentation skills
- Experience with web applications and technology platforms (including Zoom and GotoMeeting)
- Strong knowledge of corporate climate issues, preferably with a focus on food and agriculture emissions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience writing for a range of audiences in a professional setting
- Experience delivering high-quality, detail-oriented work in a fast-paced environment
About the Climate Collaborative:
The Climate Collaborative is a project of OSC2 and SFTA to catalyze bold climate action among natural products companies. The Climate Collaborative brings manufacturers, retailers, brokers, distributors, and suppliers together to build existing climate solutions to scale and to find innovative, new ways to help reverse climate change. Follow the Climate Collaborative on Facebook @climatecollab and on Twitter @ClimateColl.
How to apply
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “CC Project Contractor – YOUR NAME”. Please include in the body of the email a brief description of your qualifications for the role, and attach an up-to-date CV.