Building a climate action plan can be a daunting task – it can take months or even years to build. The Sustainable Food Trade Association (SFTA), a Climate Collaborative partner, has developed a tool that helps natural product companies of any sector to fast track effective climate action while a more comprehensive climate action plan is being built: the SFTA Climate Action Management Primer (CAMP).
This project offers up to three climate-committed candidates the opportunity to experience the CAMP service module. Built in conjunction with climate experts Good Company, this accessible SFTA tool walks participants through detailed training on Climate Action Plans, assesses their overall climate planning progress, and uses proprietary tools to conduct a climate hotspot analysis and action opportunity assessment. Participants walk away with all this, plus resources to help them implement prioritized next steps. You can learn more about the CAMP service module with this easy one-page infographic and/or by listening to this SFTA CAMP webinar!
Normally offered free to SFTA members, this partnership offers non-members access to this service at a deeply discounted rate. It is anticipated that selected participants will invest up to 15 hours across 4-8 weeks in this process. In addition to the results mentioned above, SFTA will produce a case study that can be used to promote the company’s good work and further benefit our community!
This analysis applies to companies in the natural products industry. Candidates can be retailers, wholesalers, brands, producers, or manufacturers. Project slated to be completed during Q2 of 2020.
Deliverables and Benefits for Selected Candidates
Project deliverables are in two phases.
- Phase 1, Analysis: SFTA works with the company to conduct a hotspot analysis, materiality assessment, and action opportunity analysis. The completed CAMP tool constitutes a final report, with supporting information that includes: Climate Action Plan progress assessment, supply chain climate hotspot analysis, climate materiality assessment, clear action priorities, and indexed technical resources.
- Phase 2, Case Study: SFTA develops a case study to highlight outcomes and transferable lessons.
- Applications Due: June 12, 2020
- Candidates Selected, Projects Formalized: June 26, 2020
- Phase 1, Conduct Analysis: July-Aug, 2020
- Phase 2, Case Study: Aug-Sep, 2020
Timeline based on estimates; length may actually vary depending on response times and project developments.
Interested in participating in this project? Please complete this Google Form, an application which helps illustrate how your company fits the Candidate Profile (below).
Please note: Companies need to currently have made a Climate Collaborative commitment.
Ideal candidates will show a high correlation with the following characteristics:
- Company has made efforts to reduce climate impacts and are committed to reducing and/or compensating for their environmental impacts
- Company leadership interested in incorporating a Climate Action Plan into overall company strategy
- Company is at beginning or intermediate stages of their climate action journey.
- No prior GHG calculations required
- Information on sustainability efforts & practices are readily available
- A point person is available and able to dedicate up to 15 hours
- Company is willing to provide information related to strategy and action, such as:
- Strategic priorities
- Annual sustainability report