This page highlights case studies, videos, tools, and other resources from our partners. Our goal is to make it easy and accessible to implement carbon farming practices into your business model.
Our Rooted Community Action Group
We’ve partnered with the Sustainable Food Lab to launch and facilitate an ongoing interactive action group on carbon farming, called the Rooted Community. It's open to all companies that have made the agriculture commitment. The group meets monthly, and content addresses a range of topics relevant to carbon farming, including:
- Measurement to quantify regenerative agriculture
- Resilience in small-holder supply chains, and
- Collaborations in specific crops/regions.
Interested in joining? Please contact Lisa Spicka (email@example.com) for more information, and to be included in this ground-breaking action group!
For those needing more tailored support, Sustainable Food Trade Association is available to help!
Tools to help you measure net carbon and explain how to talk about it:
- Cool Farm Alliance’s Cool Farm Tool
- USDA’s COMET-Farm Tool for calculating net carbon
- Insetting, supply chain impacts, agroforestry: PUR Project
Case Studies and Company Examples:
- Q&A: Why organic farming is a promising part of a climate change solution
- Guest Post: Breakthrough Study Shows Organic Cuts Agriculture’s Contribution to Climate Change
- Spotlight: Annie's
- Spotlight: Dr. Bronner's
- Spotlight: General Mills and its Natural & Organic Brands Join Annie’s in Forging Ahead on Climate Action
- Spotlight: Guayaki
- Spotlight: Happy Family
- Spotlight: Nature’s Path
- Spotlight: Stonyfield
- ROOTED Community Cool Farming Tool Training
- The Role of Organic Farming in Climate Change Mitigation
- Regenerative Agriculture Panel - Climate Day 2017
- Leveraging Supply Chains to Regenerate Farmlands and Forests
- Implementing Carbon Farming in Your Supply Chain
Films on the potential of carbon farming and soils:
- Unbroken Ground by Patagonia Provisions
- The Soil Story by Kiss the Ground
- Carbon Farming with Eric Toensmeier - a Food Tank Webinar
Links for more information on carbon farming:
- The Carbon Underground
- IFOAM Organics International
- Rodale Institute
- Greenpeace - Cool Farming Full Report
- An inspiring look at regenerative farming projects around the globe
- Downloadable guides from the Organic Farming Research Foundation: Soil Health and Organic Farming: An Ecological Approach
We want to send a special thank you to our fiscal sponsor and Rooted Community collaborator Sustainable Food Lab for supporting and facilitating much of our carbon farming programming!